Friday, February 26, 2010

Cross-Country Run


Last Wednesday, Hwa Chong had a cross country run race. Every Hwa Chongnian had to participate. Though it was tiring, it was rather amusing......
During the past few weeks, I already was sabotaged by my classmates to be a competitive runner. Since I did not want to disappoint the class, as I was not a very good runner, I trained hard for that day.
That day finally came. Everybody was in PE uniform.Us Secondary 1s had to run 3km while the others had to run 4km. As the Secondary 1s got ready, I was nervous. What if I could not keep up?
Beep! Everybody started running. I too started running. The run seemed so short. In no time, I finished the race, and even made it in the Top 100 for Secondary 1s! After the run, I rushed to the Milo van to drink Milo and pass time. The school also played the Top 20 songs that the school voted for.
After everyone had ran, we were dismissed at 11 a.m. I was so happy to get a small key-chain saying: Top 100 Secondary One. I happily walked towards the canteen to eat.
This is my Cross-Country day.

Cheers,
Samuel

2 comments: